The Administration and Labour Relations Division is the trade union hub of the Association. The Division thus co-ordinates the relationship between the Association and the Employer (ie the Ghana Education Service) and our members. In carrying out this major responsibility, the Division collaborates with several institutions and organizations, among them:
- The Ministry of Education
- The Ministry of Employment and Labour Relations
- The Ghana Education Service Council
- Fair Wages and Salaries Commission (FWSC)
- National, Regional and District Offices of the Ghana Education Service
- The National Labour Commission and the Chief Labour Officer
- The Pensions Commission
- The Controller and Accountant-General's Department
- Development Co-operation Partners including fraternal Unions within and outside Ghana.
- The Ghana Trades Union Congress and the Ghana Federation of Labour.
The Division's responsibilities are the following:
Labour (Trade Union) Education
Co-ordination of Labour Programmes with International Partners
Supervision of Regional and District Branches of the Association
Human Resource Issues (Staff Development and Personnel)
Conditions of Service and Grievance Handling
Collaboration with the National Labour Commission and the Chief Labour Officer
Collaboration with the Fair Wages and Salaries Commission (FWSC) and the Ghana Education Service (G.E.S)
Welfare Issues (for staff and general membership).
The Division has the following Departments:
a. Organization and Administration Department with responsibility for Staffing and Rewards, Staff Development, Employee/Industrial Relations, Welfare Issues and Supervision of the Regional and District Branches of the Association.
b. Salaries, Terms and Conditions of Service Department with responsibility for Negotiations, Collective Bargaining, Scheme of Service, Grievance Handling, Legal Services and Membership Mobilization.
c. Membership Education and Youth Desk Department with responsibility for trade union education of the rank and file, as well as organizing young teachers and other serving teachers to participate more in the activities of the Organization.